Monday, April 16, 2012

Four Years Ago Today Barbie came to my house!

Posted by thedollcafe at Monday, April 16, 2012
On April 16, 2008 a film crew came to my home to film a personal interview with my daughter Stephanie and me for inclusion in the Barbie in a Christmas Carol DVD! I found out about this opportunity through a friend who was also a member of the Barbie Fan Club board. She said there is a post requesting mother and daughter collectors for a special project. I responded to the post and sent a picture of us and about a month later we heard from Mattel and Universal about the project. We had a conference call and they let us know they wanted to come to our house and interview us and then later invite us to the Mattel Design Center in El Segundo, California. Wow, we were so amazed! We spent the next several weeks cleaning up the house and setting up all our favorite Barbie in Stephanie's room. To this day I have never forgotten this fabulous experience. We visited the Mattel Design center on April 18, 2008. I still pinch myself today. I miss Sharon a lot and am happy to have met her and spent the day with her! A few years ago I found out this DVD was on You Tube. I hope you enjoy it.

9 comments:

Susan Cottrell on April 17, 2012 at 4:52 AM said...

That is so wonderful! I know I would find it hard to believe such a great thing had happened to me and my daughter. Congratulations for such a wonderful memory!

Ada on April 17, 2012 at 6:38 AM said...

I keep telling Marian that I need to have a daughter so I can share this beautiful passion with her. I pray all day for this. I really, really, really wnat a daughter.

Rossetti on April 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM said...

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!! Run out of words, my mouth can't be back closed...

Unknown on April 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM said...

Hello from Spain: I love watching the video in which you go outyou and your lovely daughter. You have a fabulous collection ofBarbies. I like them all. Since I saw you have the Spanish barbie.It is one of my favorites. How fortunate to participate in a video of Mattel. I bet your daughter is so happy. Thank you for showing it.Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Sandra & Stephanie!! so many things have changed, so many have remained the same.. years do count, as time creates fond memories & Magics! Wish all the best!

Unknown on May 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM said...

Oi amiga!
Amo este documentário que você e sua filhinha participaram!
É um dos meus sonhos um dia ir a Mattel e ter a oportunidade que você teve!
Beijos do Brasil!
Magda.

thedollcafe on May 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM said...

Hi Magda! Thank you so much, I'm really glad you liked the video. I do hope you get to visit Mattel some day, please come and visit me too!

Pam on September 25, 2012 at 3:49 AM said...

What an honour it must be to do the video!!:)

You have an awesome collection of Barbies!!

thedollcafe on September 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM said...

Thanks Pam. I am still amazed to this day. The whole experience was amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design